Sunday, April 24, 2011

Holy week

Last night was the end of Holy week here in Panama. I never heard of it before, but the whole town was partying til 2 am. Fireworks, loud music, and singing. We could hear them singing drunk all night. There are lots of dogs here in VolcĂ n, and they love to bark at night. The dogs finally quieted down around midnight, and then the fireworks would go off again, and the dogs would start up.

This morning I am lying in my hammock, preparing for our Sunday meeting. I was asked to give the public discourse today, so I am going over the one I will be giving to the English congregation here. I was asked to give one in Spanish as well, but I don't think I will get the opportunity.

Yesterday, I bought a leather sheath for the machete I bought a few days ago. The machete was $3, and the Panamanian handcrafted sheath was $6. Not a clue what I will use it for, but it's SO COOL! Jacob has been wanting a real Lasso ever since we went "backhorse riding" so we happened to see one at the hardware store. Only $12!


-The Jacksons

1 comment:

  1. I would love to be there when you try to get that machete on the plane :) LOL

    ReplyDelete