Friday, April 15, 2011

Headed to David this morning

This morning we will attempt to take a bus to David. I know what you are all thinking, a bus filled with chicken and goats, with the 3 of us sandwiched in between. No, this is actually a nice bus. I'll post pics later.

Coming of the plane in costa rica was quite an experience. Leaving the terminal, and stepping out onto the Streep was almost too much for this little white boy to handle. Dozens, if not more, of taxi drivers, yelling, begging to take us somewhere. Some offered to help us with our bags. I am so glad we had made arrangements with our hotel ahead of time, as it had a free shuttle from the airport every 20 minutes. Just as it was becoming overwhelming, there was the shuttle bus turning the corner. I flagged them down, the driver threw our bags in, and we were off! Thank you Jehovah!

We will meet up with the Blackers tonight, hopefully go to a store to get some basics, and get settled in Volcan. All for now!

1 comment:

  1. A bus full of chickens and goats was EXACTLY what I was imagining! LOL But don't worry- I'm sure before you come home you will have had that experience at LEAST once :) LOL

    ReplyDelete